It’s been a few years since we took the kids to Cape Cod. It’s been a place I have fond memories of since I was a kid. The Cape is so family friendly and a great spot to unwind together. We loved our last trip to Cape Cod and we were very excited to book a trip back this year. We chose the Bayside Resort and now that we’re back, here’s why I think it’s a great Cape Cod resort for families.
Cape Cod Resort for Families
Here are 10 reasons why we loved Bayside Resort:
1. The Location: The Bayside Resort is located just minutes from the Hyannis Ferry. We came to the Bayside Resort on our way back from a trip to Nantucket so we were able to hop off the ferry and check into the hotel right away. This also means you can enjoy downtown Hyannis easily: shops, restaurants, JFK museum, etc. It’s also 1 mile to beaches.
The Bayside Resort is located right on a beautiful salt marsh. This makes for lovely views and a very serene setting. The convenience + the views makes for a perfect Cape Cod location.
2. The Outdoor Pool: The outdoor pool area at the Bayside Resort is awesome! There’s a fun pool bar/restaurant that plays island music all day, making you really feel like you’re on vacation. In addition to the chairs right around the pool, there’s a sandy area with more chairs. My kids enjoyed playing in the sand too. There’s also outdoor games like cornhole set up poolside. We spent an entire day by the outdoor pool. The pool and beach overlook Lewis Bay.
3. The FREE Breakfast: There’s a daily FREE breakfast at Bayside Resort. It’s not just a little continental breakfast either… there are tons of options and we left very full each morning! There’s even a machine that makes pancakes. My kids are still talking about it!
4. The Restaurants: There are 2 spots to eat at the Bayside Resort. One is Belly Floppers Bar that’s located poolside. It’s the cutest poolside tiki bar! We ate lunch there while we hung out by the pool. There are lots of food options and amazing drinks. There’s also an indoor bar and restaurant, Moby Dick Pub.
In addition to great food and drinks, the pub has a neat history… the ceiling has been named “Ceiling of Fame” and patrons pin dollars to the walls and ceiling. It started with 1 dollar in 1999 when a family member of the Pub’s Proprietor pinned $1 on the ceiling to celebrate the baptism of his twin grandsons. Today there are about $15,000 dollars pinned to the ceiling and around the pub. It’s a sight to see!
5. Connecting Rooms: People often ask me how we stay in a hotel with more than 2 kids. It’s not always easy to find a place that we can “fit”. We either have to find a suite or a spot with connecting rooms. The Bayside Resort has connecting rooms so we could easily fit and have plenty of space for all 7 of us.
6. S’mores: If you asked my kids, they would probably list the s’mores as their “#1” favorite part about The Bayside Resort. When you get to your room, there’s a bag of s’mores supplies and sticks for roasting marshmallows. These are not just any s’mores supplies though… there’s a s’mores menu with ideas of different types to try and make and the supply kit includes everything from pretzles to peanut butter cups.
Then every night at 7pm the 2 fires are lit and families gather with their supplies to roast marshmallows and make s’mores. If you’re lucky you’ll even catch a sunset!
7. The Arcade: The Bayside Resort has a really fun arcade. There’s a pool table, fusbol, and a few games where you can win prizes.
8. The Indoor Pool & Hot Tub: The Bayside Resort also has an indoor pool area. It’s great for a swim at night or if you visit the resort in the fall, winter or spring when you can’t swim outside.
9. The Packages: The Bayside Resort offers some really awesome packages for families. There’s a Whale Watch Experience Package, a Family Fun Package and more. Check them all out here: Bayside Resort Packages.
10. Family Friendly Vibe: Some hotels have a warm, welcoming vibe for families and some don’t. If you travel with little kids, you know what I mean… The Bayside Resort has a very family friendly vibe. The staff were all kind and welcoming to the kids and having the pool area, s’mores at night and arcade filled with other kids made was a blast. My kids made friends while we were at the Bayside and enjoyed bumping into them and hanging out around the resort.
Pin this Cape Cod Resort post for later!
Leave a Reply