Reading books about where we’d travel this summer was a lot of fun and also gave me some sense of “organization” with summer reading. As most summers come to an end, I think: “what did we read?”. Today I’m, sharing our list of Costa Rica books for kids. For a little background on our travel reading lists:
A few years ago when we were planning our trip to Italy, I started collecting children’s books about the different spots we were going to visit. From fiction to Italian language books, it’s how I prepared the kids for the trip. When I was trying to think of summer reading books for all of the kids, I thought that it might be fun to start looking for books about the different spots we’d visit this summer.
It wasn’t that easy to find books for kids that took place in Costa Rica. Then I realized it was the first time any of us would be in a rainforest, so I added lots of rainforest books to our reading list too.
Costa Rica Books for Kids
- When Plants Took Over the Planet
- Over in the Jungle: A Rainforest Rhyme
- A Kid’s Guide to Costa Rica
- If I Ran the Rainforest
- The Umbrella
- Sloths Don’t Run
- The Snail and the Whale
- Turtle, Turtle, Watch Out
- The Parrot Tico Tango
- Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, said the Sloth
- Nancy Drew: The Scarlet Macaw
- Inside Animals
- Cultures of the World! Brazil, Argentina & Costa Rica
- Costa Rica Travel Journal
- Wildlife of Costa Rica (Coloring book)
Other travel book lists: Nantucket Books for Kids
Pin this post for later!